The moment you become aware that you are getting frustrated.
- Take several deep breaths
- Reflect on where you are holding stress in your body
- Take several more breaths and release the tension from your body
- Refocus your thoughts
- Flip your frustration around and think of a different approach
- Take several more breaths, continue to calm yourself
- Forgive the frustration, release it
- Think of your best hope for that frustration
- Smile, continue to breathe
- Come from your new perspective to conquer your frustration
The power of the PAUSE!
When was the last time you took a shower?
We make it a priority to keep our bodies clean on the outside, but we don’t think twice about keeping water flowing through our bodies on the inside.
There are many benefits from drinking water. I listed a few below.
Today think about water differently. Think about the benefits you will gain from drinking water. Put the coffee, soda, juice, etc. consumption on the back burner until you at least drink your daily amount of water.
You have the control to choose to make water a PRIORITY in your day. Consume your required water amount first before drinking anything else.
- Assists with weight loss. Take your body weight divide in half and that is how many ounces of water you should consume each day. If you are 150 lbs, then you should drink 75 oz of water every day. If you go to grab a snack…drink some water first, it will leave you feeling full!
- Balance body fluids, if you have more coming out than going in, you get dehydrated. It helps flush out toxins in your body.
- Keeps your skin looking good. When you’re dehydrated, your skin looks more dry and wrinkled which improves with hydration.
- Helps you go poop! It keeps things flowing and prevents constipation!
Tips to drink more:
- Drink 4-8 oz of water before every meal. And drink water with every meal.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, about 20% of fluid intake comes from food.
- Keep water handy, at your desk, in your car, when you go to the gym, etc.
- You can add lemon, lime, cucumber practically any fruit or veggies to give it a natural taste.
Don’t take water for granted.
Raise a glass of water and make a toast to a New Year of healthy choices.
Live strong, and healthy my friends!
Love and hugs.
Have you ever reflected on your life to identify recurring patterns?
These patterns might be around decisions you made, or repeating issues with different people and relationships, or even about breaking a bad habit. These patterns come with us from our childhood. When you reflect you will see some of the same problems you faced have repeated time and time again. You will also realize that you did the same thing to try to resolve it and got the same result each time.
So why do the same thing expecting a different result and it ends up the same way it did all of the other times?
To get different results become aware of those repeating patterns in your life . When the problem comes up again…take a different approach. Break your patterns by doing something different. If you do this, you begin to disrupt the patterns which will yield different results.
Hold your mirror up, and look deep into yourself. The problem you need to resolve is something you need to change within your own being. It’s easy to place blame on others, but it isn’t about others, it’s about you. It’s about the change you need to make for yourself in order for you to grow and take responsibility for your life.
Don’t do life the easy way. Challenge yourself everyday to think differently, have an open mind, change the way you do things. Make new patterns, blaze a new trail! Be in charge of your life!
Love and Hugs,
Application: Take time to reflect and see how many times the same problem reappears in your life. Take note. Think about why this problem keeps presenting itself to you. What do you need to do, what do you need to change, what will disrupt the problem when it reappears again and how will you break through to yield a different result?
PHOTO CREDIT: PIXABAY