When the alarm goes off, you can keeping pressing the snooze alarm, dreading to get up to face the day….or you can get out of bed embrace the day and prepare yourself for a day of possibilities!
As you drive to work you can curse the driver in front of you, or cut some person off in traffic…or you can send positive thoughts to the drivers around you, let the person into traffic and be understanding.
You can skip breakfast and grab some donuts… or you have some healthy food choices ready to fuel your body, nutrition is key to a healthy body!
You can find excuses not to workout and exercise… or you can make exercise a priority and build muscle mass and strengthen your core.
You can sit on the couch and watch TV mindlessly… or you can get a book and learn something new, create your own adventure using the author’s words and expand your thinking!
You can lie and be dishonest and feel like you are getting what is owed to you…or you can act from an honest heart and lead with integrity with everything you do..
You can play the victim card and think that life is unfair… or you can change your thoughts, take accountability for your life and make things happen!
The reality is we have choices every day. No matter what, we are in control of the choices we make. We need to make good choices and taking action to realize our dreams. Without action you find yourself going nowhere fast!
Choose Love and always hugs!
My body is my temple….it is mine, and I am responsible to take care of it.
I know the depths of my thoughts.
I know the love shared from my heart.
I know the strength of my whole body.
I CHOOSE TO TAKE CARE OF MY MIND, HEART & BODY EVERYDAY!
NOURISH, ENCOURAGE, TRAIN & LOVE ALL 5′ 2″ OF ME!
What do you choose? Make time for you, no one else will.
Be healthy, mindful and loving the rest of your days!
Love and hugs!
When was the last time you took a shower?
We make it a priority to keep our bodies clean on the outside, but we don’t think twice about keeping water flowing through our bodies on the inside.
There are many benefits from drinking water. I listed a few below.
Today think about water differently. Think about the benefits you will gain from drinking water. Put the coffee, soda, juice, etc. consumption on the back burner until you at least drink your daily amount of water.
You have the control to choose to make water a PRIORITY in your day. Consume your required water amount first before drinking anything else.
- Assists with weight loss. Take your body weight divide in half and that is how many ounces of water you should consume each day. If you are 150 lbs, then you should drink 75 oz of water every day. If you go to grab a snack…drink some water first, it will leave you feeling full!
- Balance body fluids, if you have more coming out than going in, you get dehydrated. It helps flush out toxins in your body.
- Keeps your skin looking good. When you’re dehydrated, your skin looks more dry and wrinkled which improves with hydration.
- Helps you go poop! It keeps things flowing and prevents constipation!
Tips to drink more:
- Drink 4-8 oz of water before every meal. And drink water with every meal.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, about 20% of fluid intake comes from food.
- Keep water handy, at your desk, in your car, when you go to the gym, etc.
- You can add lemon, lime, cucumber practically any fruit or veggies to give it a natural taste.
Don’t take water for granted.
Raise a glass of water and make a toast to a New Year of healthy choices.
Live strong, and healthy my friends!
Love and hugs.