When was the last time you took a shower?
We make it a priority to keep our bodies clean on the outside, but we don’t think twice about keeping water flowing through our bodies on the inside.
There are many benefits from drinking water. I listed a few below.
Today think about water differently. Think about the benefits you will gain from drinking water. Put the coffee, soda, juice, etc. consumption on the back burner until you at least drink your daily amount of water.
You have the control to choose to make water a PRIORITY in your day. Consume your required water amount first before drinking anything else.
- Assists with weight loss. Take your body weight divide in half and that is how many ounces of water you should consume each day. If you are 150 lbs, then you should drink 75 oz of water every day. If you go to grab a snack…drink some water first, it will leave you feeling full!
- Balance body fluids, if you have more coming out than going in, you get dehydrated. It helps flush out toxins in your body.
- Keeps your skin looking good. When you’re dehydrated, your skin looks more dry and wrinkled which improves with hydration.
- Helps you go poop! It keeps things flowing and prevents constipation!
Tips to drink more:
- Drink 4-8 oz of water before every meal. And drink water with every meal.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, about 20% of fluid intake comes from food.
- Keep water handy, at your desk, in your car, when you go to the gym, etc.
- You can add lemon, lime, cucumber practically any fruit or veggies to give it a natural taste.
Don’t take water for granted.
Raise a glass of water and make a toast to a New Year of healthy choices.
Live strong, and healthy my friends!
Love and hugs.