I’m new to meal prepping, but I have to tell you…I’m starting to get into it.
The best thing to do is plan your menu for the week. Then you know exactly what you are going to eat each day. No more wasted time trying to figure out what to make for dinner after work. No need to run to the store or to a fast food place to pick something up!
Menu planning will also keep you focused on buying the items you need to buy for the week.
I get my slow cooker out and start with making a box of steel-cut oatmeal. This will make 20 serving of oatmeal. I freeze 15 servings and take them out a couple of days before I run out of my 5 servings.
After I have that going, I then begin making recipes that need to bake in the oven. When the dish is done baking, I separate into containers with 1 serving size per container. I label and place in the freezer, to grab at a later date.
Next, if I have recipes I can cook on the stove, I get them going.
While the slow cooker is cooking, the oven is baking, and the stove is cooking away…
I begin to wash my fruits and veggies. Cutting and chopping, so I have a real quick go to snack in the refrigerator. I measure out my berries and put them in baggies to grab in addition to my oatmeal. I store peppers, celery, carrots etc. in containers in the refrigerator. All of the prep work that will allow you to open the refrigerator and make good food choices during the week.
Want to change your eating habits? Start planning menus, you have a variety ways to prepare your food, organize your recipes in order to utilize all your cooking options to maximize your time in the kitchen.
Happy healthy eating fill your days!
Love and hugs,
My body is my temple….it is mine, and I am responsible to take care of it.
I know the depths of my thoughts.
I know the love shared from my heart.
I know the strength of my whole body.
I CHOOSE TO TAKE CARE OF MY MIND, HEART & BODY EVERYDAY!
NOURISH, ENCOURAGE, TRAIN & LOVE ALL 5′ 2″ OF ME!
What do you choose? Make time for you, no one else will.
Be healthy, mindful and loving the rest of your days!
Love and hugs!
When was the last time you took a shower?
We make it a priority to keep our bodies clean on the outside, but we don’t think twice about keeping water flowing through our bodies on the inside.
There are many benefits from drinking water. I listed a few below.
Today think about water differently. Think about the benefits you will gain from drinking water. Put the coffee, soda, juice, etc. consumption on the back burner until you at least drink your daily amount of water.
You have the control to choose to make water a PRIORITY in your day. Consume your required water amount first before drinking anything else.
- Assists with weight loss. Take your body weight divide in half and that is how many ounces of water you should consume each day. If you are 150 lbs, then you should drink 75 oz of water every day. If you go to grab a snack…drink some water first, it will leave you feeling full!
- Balance body fluids, if you have more coming out than going in, you get dehydrated. It helps flush out toxins in your body.
- Keeps your skin looking good. When you’re dehydrated, your skin looks more dry and wrinkled which improves with hydration.
- Helps you go poop! It keeps things flowing and prevents constipation!
Tips to drink more:
- Drink 4-8 oz of water before every meal. And drink water with every meal.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, about 20% of fluid intake comes from food.
- Keep water handy, at your desk, in your car, when you go to the gym, etc.
- You can add lemon, lime, cucumber practically any fruit or veggies to give it a natural taste.
Don’t take water for granted.
Raise a glass of water and make a toast to a New Year of healthy choices.
Live strong, and healthy my friends!
Love and hugs.