The people we surround ourselves with everyday influence our thoughts and actions.
Without really great people in our lives to influence us, where we would be? I strongly believe that everyone is placed on our paths for us to share thoughts and experiences, learn from and grow with each other…to make the world a better place. Some people come and go throughout our lives, but the impact that they had on our hearts will never be taken away.
If you take a moment to stop and reflect about the people in your life, it is overwhelming to see how any one person can make such a huge impact. The people we surround ourselves with help create our reality. If you have negative people surrounding you, the chances of being a “victim” in life will be much higher. The more positive and loving people you associate with…the more creative, peaceful and calming life will be. You are in charge of your life and wellbeing, surround yourself with people that help you succeed.
I’m sure we all have a variety of people in our lives with a blend of negative and positive attitudes that we interact with on a daily basis. It comes down to which attitude will you allow to influence you? Which attitude will you work at trying to influence?
I started making my list of people that have made a positive impact on my life. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without the interactions we have shared. My Friend(s)…
- sends e-Mails and texts that inspires me to move beyond my limits, and encouraged me to put myself out there with this blog.
- who push themselves and me to become a physically stronger person.
- who are inspirational and motivational, they model how to love more freely.
- exposed me to hike my first 14er (a mountain that is more than 14,000 feet in elevation), proved that I was able to summit the mountain. Guiding me and supporting me on the journey.
- invited me to jump out of a perfectly good plane at 17,500 feet to continue to chip away at my fears of heights (this challenge was intense, but wild, crazy and fun as hell!).
- built my confidence at work, providing opportunities to expand and grow my career.
- graciously gave me Saturday’s to come along side of me, to help me overcome my fear of the water (and teaching me how to swim later in life).
- challenged me to get a pedometer and begin walking 10,000 steps a day, which was my baby step to weight loss.
- talked me into joining the gym which was the start to a new healthy lifestyle.
- invited me to check out Flatiron’s Community church which turned out to be new spirituality walk and grew my relationship with Jesus deeper.
- turned me on to my first massage and from there I grew my appreciation for body work.
- provides support and encouragement every day, reminding me I am a treasure from God. That reminder gives me strength to keep on being positive.
- who are challenging to be around, they make me understand the importance of forgiveness.
- who ask me for support while they are on a journey of recovery, this reminds me that we can’t do life alone, we need to ask each other for help.
- introduced to me rock climbing (indoors) pushed me to go higher and build confidence that I can do anything if I put my mind to it.
- had my back on my toughest 14er, Long’s Peak. Not only did this challenge my fear of heights, but it broke through the walls on my mental attitude. Extremely life changing!
- that asked me to move to Colorado, opened up opportunities that I never even dreamed were possible.
- who invited me on my first backpack trip. This opened my eyes even more and gave me a new appreciation the sense of adventure. Being disconnected from technology, and found a true sense of contentment.
- sends me positive, encouraging, funny and thoughtful notes and cards, reminding me of past memories, this remind me to reflect on the good times in life and continue to create more great memories.
- who make me laugh so hard my stomach hurts, it reminds me not to take life so seriously.
We need to challenge each other to go to the edge of our limits, because that is where growth is…that is where we learn to fly. Life isn’t meant to do solo, there is safety and strength in numbers. Surround yourself with great influencers.
Increase your awareness, start your journey from where you are…trusting that the people you have in your life “got your back” let them support and influence your life positively. Life has many twists and turns, let those great influencer’s come along side you to do life.
Every day strive to have strong bodies, positive thoughts and loving hearts. This is what makes the world go ‘round. That’s what Body Renovation is all about.
Love and hugs,
- Reflect on your life and think about how different it would be if you didn’t have those great influencers to do life with.
- Be thankful for having them in your life. Reach out to let them know how they have impacted your life, or just let them know you are happy they are simply part of your life.
- Who is challenging you in ways that make you feel uncomfortable?
- Focus on those people and dig deeper on why you feel that way. Think about what purpose they have in your life.
- Be happy with who you are, or take steps to make changes to become happier.
- Smile at life!